So this weekend has been a blessed respite from anything important. I need to become independently wealthy so I can live like this WHENEVER I WANT. Heh. Not all the time though, it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.
What was accomplished?
1. Discovered THIS MEME on Vchan's journal:
ALBUM COVER MADNESS!
My album cover from my Band: Jan Palach Square. "It Knocks Over A Chair" is Moroccan Techno-fusion, which stormed onto the discothèque scene in the south of France and knocked over some serious chairs in the late 1990s.
a - Go to "wikipedia." Hit "random"
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
b - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
c - Go to flickr and click on "explore the last seven days"
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
d - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together (an online program is http://pixlr.com/
2. Did a piece of fanart from start to finish to help make prize certificates for a few friends who are running a fan fiction competition. I'll post it under some filters so I don't wreck the big reveal at their awards ceremony.
3. Kept up with the ads over on project wonderful. They mostly run themselves, but there's a few tasks that need monitoring day-to-day.
4. Did some learning/research to expand a character's origin for a low-key round-robin thing that may never get off the ground but is fun to bullshit about. Posted doodles of native costumes/etc. Perhaps if/when the fic is ready for posting, i'll post the character notes i've amassed. I could write a (rambling) report on the Kuen Lun Mountain range to the south of Ho'Tein in Xinjiang, China now! :D
5. Finally gave up coordinating with the roomie and just watched Sita Sings the Blues
on the YouTube. I highly recommend it. I will HAPPILY watch it again if the roomie and I can ever match schedules. If you watch it on the YouTube, be sure to push the "HD" button at the bottom of the frame every time you loop to a new video (there's 10 total).
6. Spent time alone. Lots of it. Most of Saturday. I love my fiance and I love my friends, but I've always loved the way an empty house feels. It feels like stretching out and completely filling your skin. Glorious space, quiet, and privacy.
7. Partied over some Magic decks with Andy & Ellen on Friday night! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN ANDY!
8. Posted around a few forums and places about nothing in particular.
9. SLEPT IN. Oh god, I slept and slept. Big Win.
10. Discovered that the powers that be are closing Geoshities! I cut my (still woefully underdeveloped) html-teeth on those basic pages. Many an RPG was supported with quick and dirty hub-pages on Geocities: Character bios, fan art, maps of locations, dated listings of all chat logs with summaries for players that missed an evening or two... Memories!
But yeah, if you know anyone who owns an old school page, they've got until October to back-up their shit or lose it forever. :( I've got everything from there... I think... I may have to double-check through the file manager.
In a few hours, I'll have to ink trigger star and check in with my Studio Co-Workers
. I should start some laundry and get a shower. Maybe I'll take a few minutes and post some of those song-meme drabbles to some of my fiction communities. Or not.